Michael G. Gallert
Email: click here to contact
- Admitted to bar, 2000, Wisconsin; 2001, California; U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California. Mr. Gallert worked at Moss & Enochian, in Redding, California, practicing general personal injury defense from 2001 – 2002. He joined Leonard & Lyde in 2002 and has been practicing law, principally medical professional liability defense, since that time.
- Butte County Bar Association; State Bar of California; and Association of Defense Counsel of California and Nevada.
- Professional Liability Defense; Insurance Defense; Personal Injury. He also does administrative work, which includes representation of physicians before the Medical Board of California, as well as serving as an Administrative Hearing Officer for Butte County and the City of Chico.
Litigation and Trial Experience
- Mr. Gallert has co-tried three medical malpractice cases for physician mutual insurers. At trial, he performed jury selection and examined lay and expert witnesses. He has also tried one plaintiff’s personal injury case to verdict.
- Mr. Gallert completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in 1989, making the Dean’s List 5 semesters. He subsequently graduated from Marquette Law School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in May 2000. He received the American Jurisprudence Award in the study of Criminal Law.
- Mr. Gallert regularly volunteers at the local humane society at their pet adoption events and fosters animals for adoption. Mr. Gallert loves to spend time with his family, hiking, snow skiing, and following his favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers.
Leonard & Lyde serves clients throughout the North State.